Hosted by University of Porto, the 2016 EHMA Annual Conference “New Models of Care. Reinventing healthcare: why, what, how” will be held at the exclusive home of Ordem dos Medicos in Porto, Portugal from 14 to 16 June 2016.
Healthcare systems worldwide are experiencing a “new normal” as they face challenges that will characterise the next decade and beyond. The scale and complexity of these challenges is daunting. Tackling them cannot be done through doing the same things faster or ‘better’. We urgently require new models, approaches, paradigms and solutions. Some are already emerging in practice. Some are being envisioned. All need to be circulated, discussed and tested. Medicine and healthcare are changing, nothing will stay the same.
Just some of the current and emerging challenges are:
- Managing Complex Chronic Conditions
- Doing More with Less Resources
- Involving Patients as Co-Leaders of Their Care
- Consolidating Multidisciplinary Work as Closer Collaboration amongst Professionals are Enhanced by New Knowledge and Technology
- Digitalization and Virtualization in Health Care
- Co-Production with Patients
- Ownership and Influence of Patients
- Medical Tourism
- Reshaping Skill Mix amongst Health Professions
- New, Defensive Medicine - “Choosing Wisely”
- Rethinking Clinical Governance
- Managing Rapid Complex Change
Europe’s leading academics, practitioners, policy makers and managers need to be creative, innovative and cooperative in order to explore how together they can take responsibility for creating sustainable health systems for now, and face the challenges of tomorrow.
CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
13TH KAROLINSKA MEDICAL MANAGEMENT CENTRE/EHMA AWARD
F. A. Q.
SPONSORS & SUPPORTERS
PREVIOUS EHMA ACs